You’re now officially a home owner and it’s time for MOVING DAY!
The main things bear in mind before the day:
- Arrange insurance and utilities such as broadband, phone, paid TV.
- Redirect mail and change any regular contracts e.g. lawn mowing, rubbish collection etc.
- Separate your kettle, mugs and toilet rolls and keep them in a handy place so you can get to them easily once you have the keys.
- Grab your mates together for help with lifting and unpacking.
- Make sure you’ve budgeted for all moving costs including power connection fees and, of course pizza – because you’ll have earned it after a long day of lugging boxes!
- Plan for possible delays when organising the move into your new home – you may want to think about booking a moving company for the following day if possible.
- Visit your local council website or talk to your neighbours to find out about recycling and rubbish days, library hours and local pools etc.
- Get to know your neighbours in case of emergencies.
- Find out if there are any community social media pages such as Neighbourly or on Facebook.
- Here’s a really great checklist from settled.govt.nz for buyers.
We will be there with you each step of the way to make sure you have all your paperwork in order and to support you and give you advice and encouragement. But we don’t just stop there and say “See you later!” just because you’ve moved in. We’ll check in with you and see how things are going in your new home and make sure your home loan is working well for you. We will also be in touch when it’s time to review your mortgage when the fixed portion(s) end. We don’t just set and forget 😉
At Tony Mounce Mortgages & Insurance, we’re all about building relationships with our clients and we want to be your trusted adviser. The ones you turn to for advice, whenever you need it and the ones you tell your friends about when it’s their turn to buy their own home. Get in touch when you’re ready to take that first step…